Background

Saturday, February 2, 2013

God is so Good

It's hard to pray daily and wait for God to reveal His plan to you.  In the past year or so, I feel like I've waited A LOT.  I prayed for roughly a year for God to present a new opportunity for Aaron in his career.  He had a great job before, and his former boss is a great friend of ours, but Aaron needed a change.  When I asked what he really wanted to do, Aaron would say that it would be great if he could be a media director at a church.  So, I prayed.  And, we waited.  And waited.  And then, waited some more.  Finally, God opened a door.  Aaron was always convinced that the job of "media director" at a church, especially ours, would not be a possibility, and it would never compete with the salary he was earning.  We are home at our church, and the thought of leaving would be difficult, so I really didn't think it would be a job he would have either.  Then, our friend mentioned Aaron to our pastor, and how Aaron would be just the guy needed to handle all the IT issues at our church.  Aaron and our pastor met for lunch one day in June, and before we knew it, a job description was being written.  From start to finish, the process of writing the job description, and ultimately, Aaron starting a new job took about two months.  My husband, who watches other church services online to get ideas for fun (he was doing that long before starting his job as Media and IT Director), is happier now and more fulfilled in his job than I could have imagined.  God is so good.

In addition to praying wholeheartedly for God to provide a change and an opportunity for Aaron, I prayed for God to allow us to become parents.  I was ready long ago, and Aaron was becoming more and more ready each time he was around Claire.  She had developed so much personality, and he loves her.  He loves spending time with her, and playing with her, and every time we get to see her, Aaron says "I'm so excited to see Claire."  So I prayed and prayed and prayed.  And month after month, I experienced heartbreak, mixed with the peace of knowing that God has a plan.  In October, our prayers were being answered when Aaron and I found out we would be welcoming a baby into the world in June.  We are over the moon, and we feel so blessed.

God is so good, and the power of prayer is real.  Even if it means you wait for what seems like a lifetime for God to reveal His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment